Making as a Legacy.....


     I have been doing quite a bit of thinking about the members of my family that I have learned from over the years when it comes to making. From both my grandmothers, my great aunts, my aunts and especially my mom. All these wonderful women passing down this legacy without even realizing it. I am so thankful to have pieces of their work in my home. I have crochet squares, table runners, embroidery supplies and basket, handmade quilts, artwork, and linens. These things I treasure. Their work inspires mine.

    I am living in my family home. This is my view now and the view from my childhood. I spend time thinking about how my parents lived, simply and generously. This is how I want to live, working with my hands and sharing what I have learned and what I have with those around me.



Comments

Popular Posts