Wednesday's Wonderings 1/29



Hello!  Happy Wednesday!  



I hope you are having a great week. 

I have been doing some thinking about spring. Anyone else? 

It has been a pretty mild winter here and my thoughts are turning to the garden. 

I have specifically been thinking about plants and flowers I can use to dye wool. 

Here's some of the things I have on hand...Cosmos, French Marigolds, Zinnias, Nasturtium, and Calendula.  

These will make beautiful dye material, attract pollinators, and be pest control for my vegetables. 

It is a win, win, win!  


I have been gathering materials from our property. We have some lichen, which I am really excited about, and hickory shells. 


I have also been saving avocado seeds to use as well. I would love to have an avocado and walnut dyed wool. 

I am looking forward to using other plants that can be found in my area like goldenrod. 



Have you foraged for materials? What can be found around your area? 

Have you tried dyeing wool? Did you use acid dyes or natural materials? 

Do you have a favorite resource? 

Let's chat!  

Happy Creating, 
Angela 



Comments

Popular Posts