Monday's Makes {7/22}

 Follow Me on Bloglovin



I hope you had a wonderful weekend. 

My husband, youngest daughter and I went on a day excursion to the next county and enjoyed browsing a few book and clothing stores. We ate at a great potato bar type restaurant and it was delicious. 



Here's a look into my making process over the weekend. 



Though I have many works in progress on the go, a shiny new pattern comes along and I am dreaming of the all the yarn I could use. I start thinking about the yarns that are in my stash. I start searching my stash and found a sweater quantity that I had forgotten all about. 

The pattern has been in my mind for days and I know that I must at least start the swatching process. 

This is how I feel about Samantha Guerin's new pattern, Seagrass Tank



The yarn that I found in my stash is Drops Baby Merino in the color #38 Olive. 

I love that this colorway is variegated, which gives it a little more interest and depth. 

I have six 50 gram skeins and they are 191yds. 






Other yarns I considered for this tank is Cascade Cotton Sox, Queen City Yarns Coleman Lite

and a merino/nylon/silk blend from my stash, but I was a little light in yardage. 


I was surprised to find one set of interchangeable needles not in use in the needed size to swatch. 

My swatch let me know that I was definitely not hitting gauge and I don't believe blocking is going to help me meet it. 

I am trying to decide if I need to order smaller interchangeable tips or go up a size in the pattern and adjust as needed. 

What would you do? 



I hope you are enjoying your making. 


Happy Creating, 
Angela 





















Comments

Popular Posts