Monday's Makers {9/26}

 Follow Me on Bloglovin




I hope you had a lovely weekend! 

Here's to a great week ahead! 




The weather was beautiful here on Saturday. 

The perfect day to go to a fiber festival! 

Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival was amazing.

I had such a great time chatting with everyone and I love the way the vendors were set up. 

I didn't experience the overwhelm I have felt at other festivals and I didn't feel like I was rushed through any of the buildings. The outdoor vendors were spaced out.

 It was very enjoyable to walk around.



Here's what came home with me! 

Let's chat about the non-yarny items. 


I have been wanting to get a garlic grater. I am so happy to have this handmade one in my kitchen. 

I love Heather's company name, Lightning Bug Hollow Studios. Her mugs and all of her other items were absolutely beautiful. I will be ordering more things soon. 


I really love vintage buttons. I was looking for some buttons for the Felix Cardigan I will be casting on this week. I couldn't decide between the two of these. They are from Dusty's Vintage Buttons. She doesn't sell online, only at shows. She had every color button you could think of. 


The first booth I stopped into was At Haynes House. I had such a delightful conversation with Terri. I chose this Alien Worsted weight skein named No Frills Brown. My plan is to make a warm hat with it.




My next purchase was from Brediculous Yarns. 
This skein is on her Addy Socks base and the colorway is Plentiful Bounty. 
There are a plentiful amount of colors in this skein. I had to see how this is going to knit up.  


I got to meet Melissa from Rising Tide Fiber Co. We live near each other and she has graciously delivered yarn to my house before. 

I love the name of this sock set, Mystic Lover. It is a 50 gram main skein with a 20 gram mini. 
I can't wait to cast on a pair of shortie socks. 


I would love to know all about your weekend! 



Let's chat, 
Angela 





















Comments

Popular Posts