Wednesday's WiPs & Books {4/6}


 Follow Me on Bloglovin


Happy Wednesday! 

I hope you are having a great week! 


I picked up some new books from the library. 

I have been wanting to look at some stitch pattern books and the library had quite a few to choose from. 

I have been looking through Japanese Knitting Stitches from Tokyo's Kazekobo Studio and Keiko Okamoto's Japanese Knitting Stitches. 

Both of these books are amazing. So many lovely stitches and fabrics that are created with them. I do need to brush up on my reading and knitting from charts game. 


I have been thinking about natural dyeing and planting a natural dye garden. I am going to try my hand at some flower dyeing and purchasing dye powder from other natural dyers. 


These are the two books that are on my nightstand right now. 

Better Late than Never by Jenn McKinlay and Find Your People by Jennie Allen. 

I am enjoying them both! 


I am focusing on a few wips this week. I was so excited to be picked to test knit for Michaeli of Breaking Yarn for her upcoming pattern, Holly White Socks. I am knitting them with my Royale base, which is 85% superwash merino 15% nylon in the Nasturtium colorway. 


I cast on a second pair of DK weight Celaena Socks by Prof Purl on Instagram, Ravelry and she has a podcast on YouTube. I am using Hazel Knits Lively DK in Chocoberry. It has been in my stash for a few years. I knit my daughter a hat and have enough leftover for a pair of shortie socks. I am debating on whether to add that mini skein from Lavender Lune Yarn Co for the toe and entering into the Rose Opal Knits Scrappy Sock MAL (#rokscrappysocksmal) 

I love this pattern. I received a yarn delivery with a mohair alternative, so another pair will be on the needles as soon as I cast these off. 


Next up is my Vivi Crop Vest by Sys Fredens. I am using Knit Picks Bulky in Caribou. I am going to be making this a few inches longer than the pattern. I am joining the #bdevestalong by Tye Dye Diva on Instagram and she has the Best Day Ever podcast. 


I am trying to always have a dishcloth on my needles. I am using Dishie Twist in the Jalapena colorway. I am using a classic diagonal garter stitch dishcloth pattern. I knit until I get to 48-52 stitches before decreasing. 


I hope you are having a wonderful day. 

I would love to know what you have been reading, watching and/or making. 


Let's Chat, 

Angela 


Comments

Popular Posts