Monday's Musings [6/22]



Happy Monday!  

I hope you had a great weekend!  

Father's Day is bittersweet for me. I love celebrating my husband, but the day makes me miss my Dad. He passed in 2009 and his birthday is in June as well. We used to celebrate both on Father's Day. My heart has been very heavy this year.  

When I am sad, I usually sit with it for awhile and then look for a creative outlet. I finished my Jolana Shawl by Dole Valley Girl Knits and blocked it on Saturday. I took the finished object pictures last night. It is such a beautiful design and has such a great story. I am all about sharing legacy stories. I love the tear drop wings and the circles. It was just what I needed to knit this month. It held my interest start to finish! 


I used my Royal 85/15 fingering weight base. The first color is Dusk to Dawn, the second color is Orchid and the third is Sisters. I am sorry to say there isn't any Dusk to Dawn in the shop, I seem to have misplaced the recipe, but I haven't given up hope yet. I did dye up two skeins of Slate that I think will look wonderful with the other colorways. I also love the combination of Slate, Sisters and Spellbound or Slate, Lilac and Clematis...okay, enough of that, I can talk color combinations all day. 

How are you doing? What is bringing you joy this month? 

I hope you are having a lovely start to your week! 

Let's chat!  

Happy Creating, 
Angela



Comments

Popular Posts